Heart River Bridges of Hope is an outreach and re-entry ministry on behalf of the ELCA and the whole Church. As an expression of God’s grace and love, this ministry will provide youth opportunities for community worship, mentorship, wellness, and mutually enriching relationships. Trusting and believing that God heals and creates new life, our intent is to accompany and empower youth toward a future with hope.
Heart River Bridges of Hope Program
- serves the state of North Dakota
- works to build ecumenical, faith-based relationships with youth released from the Youth Correctional Center and congregations across the state
- reduce recidivism
- foster faith formation and spiritual development
- empower youth
- empower the greater Church for mission and advocacy
For more information, please contact:
Pastor Gail Hagerty
How You Can Help
Your tax-deductible monetary support helps to sustain the ministry of Heart River Bridges of Hope.
If you are interested in understanding how to better connect with young people, volunteering at NDYCC, or being in a mentor relationship with a young person who has been in juvenile corrections, Heart River Bridges of Hope offers helpful training. Our program relies on caring people like you to help guide young people into Christian community and healthy choices for successful living. Thank you for the time you spend volunteering!
NDYCC requires an application and background check for volunteers. Click below for the application and instructions.
Heart River Bridges of Hope is grateful to be in partnership with the following organizations:
- Ministry on the Margins
- ND Youth Correctional Center
- ND Division of Juvenile Services
- ND Dept. of Corrections and Rehabilitation
- Bismarck YMCA
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America
- Western ND Synod (ELCA)
- Eastern ND Synod (ELCA)
- Congregations throughout North Dakota
- Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch
- Home on the Range
- Prairie Learning Center